Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the questions below for more information. If you don't see what you're looking for, just contact me here!
How long does it take to receive my order?
Average times are listed below. If you are on a tighter timeline, please contact me before ordering to see if we can meet your deadline. Since all items are made to order, production times vary.
- Hand Painted Guestbook Alternatives – Up to 3 weeks, plus shipping
- Printed Guestbook Alternatives – 2-3 weeks, plus shipping
- Framed Invitation Keepsakes – 2-3 weeks from the time I receive your materials, plus shipping
- The production time for framed keepsakes can vary based on how many orders I am currently working on, but also depends on some actions on your end, too. The more quickly you send it, the more quickly I can get started. There will also be some steps where I need your approvals on the design, frame choice, etc, so quick responses from you will keep the process moving more quickly, too.
All US orders are shipped via USPS Priority Mail, which usually takes 3-5 business days.
Do you create custom orders or offer special pricing for wedding professionals?
I do! You can access our page especially for wedding professionals here. Please contact me here or email hello@ShorelinePaintery.com with your company information for the password or if you have any questions.
Do the keepsake frames come with glass in them?
Yes, all frames come with glass in them. Photos shown on the website are taken with the glass removed to help reduce glare.
Where do I send my invitation or other memento?
When you purchase a custom invitation keepsake, your emailed receipt will include an address and instructions for shipping.
I just ordered a framed invitation keepsake. What happens next?
Your order confirmation will include instructions for shipping the invitation to me, but here are some more details:
- To help kickstart the process, email me a photo of your invitation. This will help me start thinking through the design while the invitation is on its way to me.
- Send your invitation or other memento as soon as possible to the address provided on your order confirmation email. Shoreline Paintery is not responsible for items that get lost or damaged in the mail, so I highly recommend getting a tracking number for it and sending it in a stiff envelope or other protective packaging. And remember, the earlier you send it, the earlier I can get to work creating your custom artwork!
- Send me an email with the tracking number – this can even just be a quick photo of the shipping label that includes the tracking number. This will just help me keep an eye on it and be aware of any delays.
The Production Process
- Keep an eye out for emails from Hello@ShorelinePaintery.com since I’ll need some approvals from you throughout the production process. The more quickly you respond, the more quickly I can move on to the next steps.
- Once I receive your items, I will create a sketch of the design and email you some images to get your input and approval on the design. Once approved, I will start creating your artwork!
- When the painting is complete, I will send you a few more photos to ensure you are happy with it. This will also include photos of the specially selected frame (or a couple of frame options) for you to approve.
- I carefully pack and ship your completed keepsake to the address you provided at checkout.
- You receive an email with tracking information for your shipment.
- You receive a completely custom, hand crafted piece of art to proudly display your mementos!
If you have any questions during the process, feel free to email me!
What kind of pen do I need for my guests to sign with?
Your guestbook will come with one pen, but you will want to have a few at your event. This will make it easier for more than one person to sign at a time, plus you won’t have to worry about one running out of ink or mysteriously wandering off.
- Guestbook Paintings on Canvas – Your canvas will come with one black Ultra Fine Point Sharpie, but you can use a variety of colors! I recommend the Ultra Fine Point size since you’ll be able to fit more signatures that way, but Fine Point works well too.
- Guestbook Prints on Canvas – Your canvas will come with one black Ultra Fine Point Sharpie, but you can use a variety of colors! I recommend the Ultra Fine Point size since you’ll be able to fit more signatures that way, but Fine Point works well too.
- Guestbook Prints on Paper – Your print will come with one black gel pen. I recommend Gelly Roll or Paper Mate InkJoy gel pens. Both brands dry quickly and come in a variety of colors.
- Guestbook Paintings on Wood – Your painting will come with one white Sakura Pentouch Extra Fine Paint Marker. These can get a little messy sometimes, but they dry more quickly than any other paint pen I have tested.
What size guestbook should I get for my wedding?
Below are general recommendations for different sizes of events. Keep in mind that not everyone will sign, and many people will sign as a family. If you are concerned about space and would like your guests to be able to write longer notes, consider going up a size.
- 11" x 14" – For events with up to 75 guests
- 16" x 20" – For events with up to 150 guests (our most popular size)
- 18" x 24" – For events with up to 200 guests
- 24" x 30" – For events with up to 300 guests